Friday, August 14, 2009

Fri 090814 am 2 Cor 3-5

2 Corinthians 3
3.6 The ESV translation choice of "competent" is new to me. I am not sure how competent I feel, but God is often good to fill in the gaps for me.
3.12 since we have this hope... How much of our timidity is a result of a weak hope?

2 Corinthians 4
4.6 Interesting how the act of creation is tied to that act of salvation. We should be careful about how we teach creation. I am trying to think if the day-age theory has any bearing on this verse.
4.18 things that are seen are transient... Just the opposite how it seems to be on this side of glory.

2 Corinthians 5
5.2-4 We always talk about being rid of this earthly body to be rid of our aches and pains, but that is not at all what Paul seems to be saying here.

No comments:

Post a Comment