Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wed 090819 pm Gal 1 Psa 76

Galatians 1
1.1 It is interesting that he did not mention the Holy Spirit. Probably not significant, but interesting anyway.
1.10 to please man... This may be a hint why so many ministers and Christians in general are so ineffective for and lukewarm about the Lord's work and serving him.
1.15 who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace... This is really a very "Calvinistic" verse that also shows how God uses means to accomplish his purposes.

Psalm 74 Asaph; 23 vrs.; --???
How long before God defends against His enemies?

74.11 Why do You hold back your hand... This is a common question.
74.19 your poor... I haven't thought through this whole thing, but it is something to think about poor being the Lord's.
74.22 Arise, O God... I always find this expression to be very colorful and expressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment