Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ex 37-39

Exodus 
37.1  Bezalel... the ark...
37.10  tableof acacia wood...
37.16 bowls, and its pitchers...  Since this is the table of shew bread, I am wondering if these would be the baking utensels.  If so, these were definitely some high end measuring cups, etc.
37.17  lampstand...
37.25  incense altar...
37.26  holy anointing oil and the pure incense...
38.1  altar of burnt offering...  It strikes me as odd that offering is singular here.
38.8 laver of bronze...from the bronze mirrors...  I'm guessing that the metal in the mirrors must have been of some special or exceptional quality.
38.9  the court...
38.19  hooks were silver...  I can't imagine how much silver polish and polishing it must have taken to keep all this looking good.
38.21  inventory of the tabernacle...  
39.2  ephod...
39.8  the breastplate...  Every time I read one of these long detailed descriptions or a genealogy I wonder if I should be more interested in all the minutia of these descriptions.
39.22  the robe...
39.30 אֶת־מֹשֶׁה׃  Holiness to the LORD...  It would be quite a remarkable thing to walk around with this written in gold on your forehead.  I wonder how long it took them to get used to it, or if every time they put that crown on, it sent chills down their spine.
39.43  And Moses blessed them...  This a good reminder to those of us (primarily me) in ministry.  All the "worker bees" and participants should be thanked and encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment