Praying for the Worship Service:
· Pray that God will free our thinking from distractions and prepare us to be impacted by the service.
· Pray that Jesus would be made central. Psalm 115:1, “Not to us… but to your name give glory…”.
· Pray that people would sing with grace in their hearts to the Lord.
· Pray that the service would be free from distractions and all the equipment will work correctly.
· Pray that the children in the nurseries and children’s churches will fell the love of Christ and grow in their understanding of who God is.
· Pray that he would have a pure heart and attention focused on worshipping God in spirit and in truth.
· Pray that he would be sensitive to the leading of the Spirit.
Singers and Musicians:
· Pray that the music team will be unified in the Spirit.
· Pray that they would sing and play to the Lord, not to men.
· Pray that they would minister with all their hearts and in the fear of the Lord.
· Pray that they would play and lead with Spirit-inspired excellence.
Preacher / Teacher:
· Pray that he would be filled with the Spirit.
· Pray that God’s Word would be preached faithfully.
· Pray that the Word of God would be effective in the lives of the hearers.
· Pray that the preacher will be sensitive to the leading of the Lord as he speaks.
· Pray that all who attend will feel the love of God in our people and sense a spirit of peace and unity and that they are an important part of our church.
· Pray that guests will be welcomed, be ministered to, and will desire to become a part of our church family.
· Pray that unbelievers would be convicted by the Holy Spirit
· Pray that the people will be attentive, focused, and engaged.
· Pray that people will be faithful to apply to their lives what God shows them during the service.
"If some Christians that have been complaining of their ministers
had said and acted less before men
and had applied themselves with all their might
to cry to God for their ministers
—had, as it were, risen and stormed heaven
with their humble, fervent and incessant prayers for them
—they would have been much more in the way of success."