Wednesday, April 25, 2018

TBC MEN'S BREAKFAST CHALLENGE- Relationships

I remember a few years ago when Curt Shacklett led the elders and deacons through Kent Hughes’ book Disciplines of a Godly Man.  I was struck by the title of chapter five, “Discipline of Friendship.”  I guess that I had always thought of friends as a nice social connection.  The idea of friendship as a discipline indicated that relationships are something that I should intentionally pursue for the benefit of the church, to bless others, and for my own Christian walk. 
Relationships are also essential for discipleship, a TBC core value.  I want to challenge every man at TBC to attempt to regularly (a least once a month) meet with at least two other men.  Find a relationship with a peer so the two of you can encourage and challenge each other spiritually.  Find another relationship where you are either mentoring (discipling) or being mentored.  These relationships with men at TBC can strengthen our church and benefit you and those you meet with.
Travis Jones is an example of someone who pursues these intentional relationships.  At our men’s breakfast, he is going to share some practical principles and pointers on how to engage in relationships with other men

“Few of the truly valuable things in life just happen.”  --Kent Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment