Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mon 091215 pm Rev 9-12

Revelation 9
9.17  my vision...  Here is a hint to what state John was in when he received this revelation.
9.20  The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent...  How tragic it is when God has to  "slap us around" some and we just don't get it or refuse to act anyway.  I think that it is Proverbs that says the simple learn when the scorner is whipped.
9.20-21 worshiping demons and idols ... their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts...  Those sins were theirs--they owned them.  What kind of sins do I own?  Search me O God and give me the desire and ability to abandon my sins.
  
Revelation 10
10.10 It was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when i had eaten it my stomach was made bitter.  Put this reminder up in a large font and bold print.
  
Revelation 11
11.8  that symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt...  The Biblical symbolism of Sodom and Egypt would be an interesting study sometime.
SODOM: sod'-um (cedhom; Sodoma) One of the 5 CITIES  OF THE PLAIN (which see), destroyed by fire from heaven in the time of Abraham and Lot (Genesis 19:24). The wickedness of the city became proverbial. The sin of sodomy was an offense against nature frequently connected with idolatrous practices (see Rawlinson, History of Phoenicia). See SODOMITE. The fate of Sodom and Gomorrah is used as a warning to those who reject the gospel (Matthew 10:1511:242 Peter 2:6;Jude 1:7). The word is used in a typical sense in Revelation 11:8. Sodom was probably located in plain South of the Dead Sea, now covered with water. The name is still preserved in Jebel Usdum (Mt. Sodom).
11.14  second woe...  I think I missed where the first one was. ---George Frederick Wright in ISBE Orr, James, M.A., D.D. General Editor. "Entry for 'SODOM'". "International Standard Bible Encyclopedia". . 1915.
11.18 Your servants
prophets and saints,
those who fear your name...   Interesting descriptions.

Revelation 12
12.11  for they loved not their lives even unto death...  This kind of statement usually set me to thinking, because my first impression of this statement does not seem to be the reality for most Christians I meet.  How does this fit with, "I want to live long enough to see my grandkids."?  I don't think that it is the death wish a lot of these terrorist nut jobs seem to have.  At any rate it seems to be a key spiritual victory and is worthy of some contemplation.  Revelation 2:10 Revelation 2:13 20:4 Luke 14:26 ; Acts 20:24 ; 21:13 Hebrews 11:35-38

No comments:

Post a Comment