Sunday, September 16, 2012

2 Kings - 2 Chronicles

2 Kings
13.6, 11  did not depart from all the sins of Jeroboam...   This phrase makes me sad every time I read it.
13.19-21  I have wondered why this incident is here.  What's the point?  Just that Elisha was a great man?
2 Chronicles
24:22  did not remember the kindness which...  The lack of loyalty is sad and serious.  The quick turn from doing what was right under Jehoiada the priest to being swayed by the leaders of Judah who were followers of Baal.   It makes me rethink what it meant in verse two when it said that it did what was right in the eyes of the Lord.  How sincere was it if he only did right while Jehoiada was alive.  I wonder if he might have really been a weak vassalating king who "followed the crowd."
25.2  but not with a loyal heart...     
---------------                          e

No comments:

Post a Comment