Thursday, October 25, 2012

Eternal Security


1. We teach that all the redeemed are kept by God's power and are secure in Christ forever.1
  • John 10:27-29 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
  • Jude 24 Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy,
2. We teach that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God's Word, 2 which, however, clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion for sinful living and carnality. 3
  • 1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.
  • Titus 2:11-14 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment