8.1-5 Benjamin begat Bela
8.6-7 sons of Ehud
8.8-10 Shaharaim had children
8.11-28 by Hushim Shaharaim begot
8.29-37 the father of Gibeon
8.38-39 Azel had six sons
8.40 sons of Ulam mighty men of valor, archers, many sons and grandsons
1 Chronicles 9
9.2 The Nethinim were the Temple assistants.
9.3-9 Now in Jerusalem
9.10-13 Of the priests:
9.14-16 Netophathites were from a community close to Bethlehem.
9.17-27 the gatekeepers The Lord was with Phinehas, who had been the officer over them.
10. 13 Saul died because of his unfaithfulness and because he consulted a medium.
11. 3 according to the word of Samuel... He was definitely a heavy weight.
11.9 "The Lord of Hosts is an appropriate title for God in the context of his military victory.
11.11, 12, 20, 22 David's mighty men were guys that you didn't mess with.
- Jashobeam, chief of the captains, killed300 at one time.
- Eleazar was one of the ones who hid in the barley field and defeated the Philistines at Pasdammim.
- Abishai, brothe of Joab, killed 300 men. He was one the three that brought David water from the Philistine camp.
- Benaiah had lion like heroes of Moab, killed a 5 cubit (7.5') Egyptian with his own spear, and was over David's guard.
12.2 using both left and right hand... Now that is exceptional, and probably gave them an edge in battle.
- men of battle
- trained for battle,
- who could handle shield and spear,
- faces were life the faces of lions, and
- were as swift as gazelles...
Judah - 6,800 - bearing shield and spear, armed for war
Simeon - 7,100 - men of valor fit for war
sons of Levi - 4,600 -
Jehoiada, a valiant warrior, leader of the Aaronites - 3,700
Benjamin - 3,000
Ephraim - 20,800 - men of valor, famous men
half tribe of Manasseh - 18,000
Issachar - 200 chiefs - who had an understanding of the times, to know what Israel should do
Zebulun - 50,000 - went out to battle, expert in war with all qeapons, stouthearted men who could keep ranks.
Naphtali - 37,000 with shield and spear
Danites, 28, 600 could keep battle formation
Asher - 40,000 - could keep battle formation
Reuben, Gadites, and half tribe of Manasseh - 120,000 - armed with every kind of weapon
12.38 who could keep ranks, with a loyal heart, & of one mind. With men like this it is little wonder that there was joy in Israel.