Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tues 090706pm Acts 18 Psa 32 1 Cor 1

Acts 18

18.10 for I have many in this city who are my people... This is a wonderful and intriguing statement that God makes to Paul. God has "people." It is also a reminder that I am one of His "people" who represents His interest in my city, etc.
18.11 a year and six months, teaching the Word of God among them... I would love to be able to see his "scope and sequence" for his teaching.
18.25 ...he taught accurately the things concerning Jesus, though he know only... I know that I don't know it all, but may God grant me and wisdom and grace to teach accurately where I can teach and provide instruction where I am lacking.

Psalm 32 David; 11 vs.; 32.1-2--Romans 4.7-8
Praise for God's "forgiveness" and general praise.

32.1 I am blessed!
32.5 This ties in somewhat with Job 31. 33-37
32.8 with My eye on you... Great verse!
32.9 be not like a horse or mule... This is much more practical and applicable than it might seem.
32.10 wicked ... trusts These two word stand in contract in this verse as antonyms. Hmmmm. Sorrows is also the opposite of steadfast love. The Hebrew parallelism is rich.

1 Corinthians 1

1.5 that in every way your were enriched in Him... Pretty high praise for a church that gets trashed in so many sermons.
1.17 not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. I wonder how often all our slick techniques dilute the power of God.
1.27 wise ... weak ... Those are two qualifications that I can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment