Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sat 091128 am Rev 1-4

Revelation 1
1.2 & 9  the Word of God and testimony of Jesus Christ... This is an interesting expression to be repeated here, 6.9, 20.4.
The "word of God" may refer to God the Father's word to Jesus Christ. "The testimony of Jesus" probably refers to the Lord Jesus' faithful communication of God's word to John (mainly through angels, messengers) who passed it on to his readers.  ----Dr. Constable's Notes on Revelation
1.17  This a typical reaction to seeing Christ and his response.
    
Revelation 2-3
1. The words of him who...
2. I know...
3. I have this against you...
4. repent...
5. if not I will remove your lampstand...
6. He who has an ear...
7. To the one who conquers...
   
Ephesians 2.1-7
1. him who holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks among the seven olden lampstands
2. toil, endurance, cannot bear evil, test "apostles"
3. abandoned first love, 
4. do the first works, 
5.I will remove your lampstand
6.
7. to eat of the tree of life
    
Smyrna 2.8-11
1. the first and the last, who did and came to life.
2. your tribulation and your poverty and the slander
3. I have this against you...
be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.
6. He who has an ear...
7. will not be hurt by the second death
   
Peramum  2.12-17
1. him who has the sharp two-edged sword
2. you hold fast my name, and you did not deny my faith, 
3. some hold the teachings of Balaam, and Nicolaitans
4. repent...
5. if not I will come and war against you soon and war against them
6. He who has an ear...
7. I will give some of the hidden manna, a whit stone, with a new name written on the stone
  
Thyatira  2.18-28
1. the Son of God, who has eyes life a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze
2. love, faith, service, endurance, and later words exceed the first
3. you tolerate Jezebel, sexual immorality and eating food offered to idols
4. repent of her words
5. I will throw them into great tribulation and strike her children dead
those who do not hold her teaching hold fast till I come
7. I will give authority over the nations... and I will give him the morning star
6. He who has an ear...
  
Sardis  3.1-6
1. Him who has seven spirits fo God and the seven stars
2.  have the reputation of being alive
3.  you are dead spoke incomplete words
4.  wake up, strengthen what remains, remember what you have heard and keep it
5. I will come like a thief against you
a few names havenot soilded their garments and they will walk with me in white
6. He who has an ear...
7. will be clothed in while and I will never blot his name out of the book of life
  
Philadephia  3.7-13
 1. the holy one and true, who has the key of Davie, who opens and shuts
2. you have little power yet you have kept my word and not denied my name 
I have set before you an open door, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan bow before you, I will keep you fromthe hour of traial 
3
4.
hold fast what you have
5. if not I will remove your lampstand...
7. i will make him a pillar in the temple of my God
6. He who has an ear...
  
Laodicea  3.14-22
1. the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation
2. you are neither hot nor cold

3. I have this against you...
4. buy from me gold refined by fire, white garments, salve to anoint your eyes.
5. 
open the door, I will come in...
7. I will grant him to sit with me on my throne
6. He who has an ear...
   
Revelation 4
4.2  in the spirit...  I am not sure that I would capitalize this.  I think he was probably not in his body in a traditional sense.
4.8 The harkens back to Isaiah 6.
4.11  From heaven's chorus book.

No comments:

Post a Comment