Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tues 100301 am Mark 6-9

Mark 6
6.5  He could do no mighty work there ... because of their unbelief...  On one side this statement makes sense, but this was Jesus. 
6.34 he had compassion...  It is alway neat, inspirational, and thought provoking to see Jesus' viseral emotional response to people.

Mark 7
7.6  but their heart is far from me...  Words don't count for much without the heart.
7.19 from within ... come evil thoughts...
7.28  even the dogs under the table eat...  a great thougth for us gentiles.
7.37  astonished...  nothing questionable or ify abouth what Jesus did.

Mark 8
8. 2  I have compassion...
8.34  If anyone would come after Me..
8.37 what can a man give in return for his soul?  There are a lot of things that distract us from a focus on what really matters.

Mark 9
9.6  for he did not know what to say...  God give me the grace to keep my mouth shut when I don't know what to say.
9.20  when the spirit saw Him...  Now this is interesting.  I don't usually think of spirits as seeing things in this sense,  but had not given much thought to how they exercised their senses.
9.24 I believe. Help my unbelief.  This is one of my favorite verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment