Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ex 10-12

Exodus 
10.1  I have hardened his heart...  I think this marks a change to divine action on pharaoh's heart.
10.2  that you may know that I AM the LORD...
10.3  to humble yourself before me....  This reminds me of Daniel 4.36.
10.19  There remained not one locust in all the territory...  This may have been the bigger miracle.
10.27  but the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart...
11.7  that you may know the LORD...
11.10  and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart...
12.12  For I will pass through ... and will strike all the firstborn...  Now this seems to me to say that the LORDHimself executed judgement.
12.22  none of you shall go out...  I find this instruction about their physical location to be intriguing.  It appears to emphasize the importance of the physical blood and their proximity to the door that it protected.
12.32  and bless me also...  I always find this a bit humorous.
12.43 servant who is bought ...  circumcised...
12.44 [not] sojourner ... hired servant...
12.48  no uncircumcised person shall eat it...  Two thoughts here.  The women?  I am thinking that the rite on the males the women were associated with applied to them too.  Also, this was not an "evangelistic" meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment