Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tues 090407 am Harmony of Gospels

Reading an NIV harmony of the Gospels
John 14.8 show us the Father and that will be enought for us. I suspect that it would not have been. The question shows a lack of understanding.
John 14.12 ...anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. I never thought of obedience as doing what you really believe in.John 14.13 Answered prayers help the Son to give glory to the Father.
John 14.15 If you love me, you will obey... I think that the lame line guys who just want something from a girl may have warped the meaning of this statement. I am thinking that there may be a close connection between 14.15 and 14.12 where he ties faith to doing what Christ does. But ... we can love without doing the same thing. Loving God is different than loving my children, who I do not "obey." (hopefully :o)
John 14.17 with you ... will be in you ... An important OT / NT distinction?
John 14.22-23 There seems to be an implication that we learn about God as we obey Him.
John 14. 27 do not let your heart be troubled implies that we can do something about it.
John 14.30 has no hold on me That is where I want to be! I am thinking about where he does have a grip on me. I want to be smooth and slippery for Satan.
John 15.3 You are already clean. This is a curious statement in the middle of a gardening illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment