Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sun 090503 pm 2 Chr - Ezra 3

It has been quite a week and I have gotten behind on my journaling. Now I am enjoying an evening of reading and journaling.


2 Chronicles 35
35.7 30,000 from the flock, 3,000 bulls -- It must have been some passover feast.
35.21 I find Neco's reference to "God" (since he thot of himself as a god) to be very intriging.
35.25 Jeremiah also … They made these a rule in Israel. Josiah’s death was a tragic as his life was remarkable.


2 Chronicles 36
36.5, 9, 11 Jehoiakim, Jehoiachin, and & Zedekiah had the dual distinctions of doing what was evil in the sight of the Lord and being invaded by Nebuchadnezzar.
36.15-16 These verses are both sad and typical of people. I hope they never describe me.
36.22 that the Word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled… God is faithful.


Ezra 1
1.3 Again it is curious to me that the pagan Cyrus made reference to The Lord, the God of heaven. It would be interesting to research what he might have meant by that.
1.5 whose spirit God had stirred… God, please stir my spirit.
1.8 Sheshbazzar haven’t heard many stories about him :o) Seems to be the Babylonians name for Zerubbabel, which raises the question of why the two names. Similar to Daniel.


Ezra 2
2.51 Sisera!? Who would name their kid Sisera after he attacked Israel and was killed with a tent stake by a woman while sleeping.
2.59 That's the group that I would be in.


Ezra 3
3.2 altar of the God of Israel... Sacrifice and worship to God are first, so the altar was first.
3.11 for His steadfast love endures forever toward Israel. That must have been a very sweet truth to those who had finally returned from the captivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment