Friday, May 8, 2009

Thurs 090508 pm Ez 10 - Neh 1

Ezra 10
10.1 Ezra prayed and made confession, weeping... another confession on national sins
10.12-13 Nor is this a task for one day or for two. These verses should be memorized and taken to heart by every church administrator and pastor. Don't rush things. Evaluate how complicated things are and how long it might take.


Nehemiah 1
1.5 God who keeps covenant and steadfast love...
1.6 I now pray before you day and night for the people of Israel your servants, confessing sins of the people the sins of the people of Israel, which we have sinned against you. Even I and my Father's house have sinned. I am okay with confessing everybody's sins, but not as thrilled to own them as my own. It is a sign of perspective and insight to see how we have gotten caught up in the sins our church, culture, family, etc.
1.11 O Lord let your ear be attentive... Asking God to listen and answer. Hmmm, what a concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment