Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wed 090509 am Ezra 9

Ezra 9

9.4 Then all who trembled at the words of the God of Israel... This prompts me to think about whether I take God's word that seriously. The word trembled tells me that God really means business when he says something.
9.6-15 An example of a prayer of repentance.
9.6 He starts in second person.
9.8 Refers to God in third person.
9.10 Back to second person.
9.12 never seek their prosperity that you may be strong... An interesting thought ... that the world's prosperity weakens the saint.
9.13 have punished us less than we deserved... This is an idea that needs to take root in our thinking.
I what is with the third person in the middle of the prayer is all about. Did he stop praying for a couple verses or is third person appropriate for pray at times. I have always thought of pray as talking to God and not about God.

No comments:

Post a Comment